HOW TO MAKE POUR OVER COFFEE
Pour Over: A quickly and efficient extraction
Drippers have grown in popularity since they are increasingly diverse with different shapes, sizes, filter materials and recommendations of use.
- Freshly roasted coffee
- Dripper (Hario V60)
- Pour over filter paper
- Scale and timer
- Coffee cup
- Coffee: 20 g (2 cups) / Ratio 1:15
- Grind size: Medium Ground
- Water: 300 ml of water at 92º C
- Brew time: 3:00 min
- Fold the filter into a cone shape and place it into the Hario dripper, then rinse it with hot water to eliminate the paper taste and to heat up the brewer.
- Grind 20 g of your specialty coffee on a medium filter setting.
- Don’t forget to discard the rinse water. Place the V60 brewer and dripper on the scale and add the coffee to the filter, distributing it evenly.
- Once the timer starts, pour the water over the coffee until covering it and let all grounds bloom for 30 seconds to degas it.
- Pour continuously with a spiral motion until reaching 300 ml of water.
- Wait until minute 3 when no more water drips down and your coffee is ready to serve.