How to make french press coffee
French Press: has its own sort of elegance
A classic and well designed cylindrical pot (usually glass, but often plastic or steel) with a plunger, perfect for a dense and heavy-bodied coffee.
- Freshly roasted coffee
- French press
- Scale and timer
- Coffee cup
- Coffee: 30 g (3 cups) / Ratio 1:12
- Grind size: Coarse Ground
- Water: 360 ml of water at 94º C
- Brew time: 4:00 min
- Boil water and let sit.
- Grind 30 g of your specialty coffee on coarse filter setting.
- Put the ground coffee into the french press and start the timer.
- Pour hot water into the pot and let the coffee bloom for 30 seconds.
- Continue pouring until 1 inch before the top and stir the brew using a spoon to make sure all the grounds get wet.
- Place the plunger unit on top to conserve heat and let the brew rest for at least 3 more minutes.
- Slowly press the plunger all the way down to filter all the grounds with minimal pressure to have the best result.
- Serve it in your favourite mug and enjoy it!