Freshly roasted coffee, the french press, a grinder, a scale, a timer, a spoon and clean filtered water.
30 g (3 cups) – Coarse Ground
350 ml of water at 94º C
1) Boil water and let sit.
2) Grind 30 g of your specialty coffee on coarse filter setting.
3) Put the ground coffee into the french press and start the timer.
4) Pour hot water into the pot and let the coffee bloom for 30 seconds.
5) Continue pouring until 1 inch before the top and stir the brew using a spoon to make sure all the grounds get wet.
6) Place the plunger unit on top to conserve heat and let the brew rest for at least 3 more minutes.
7) Slowly press the plunger all the way down to filter all the grounds with minimal pressure to have the best result.
8) Serve it in your favourite mug and enjoy it!