Freshly roasted coffee, the chemex, a grinder, a scale, a timer, a kettle, filter papers and clean filtered water.
42 g (4 cups) – Medium coarse ground
600 ml of water at 94ºC
1) Boil water and place the special filter in the chemex (with the multiple fold on the spout side) and preheat it with the hot water to eliminate the paper taste.
2) Grind 42 g of your specialty coffee on a medium coarse filter setting.
3) Don’t forget to throw away the preheated water. Place the Chemex on the scale and add the coffee to the filter, distributing it evenly.
4) Once the timer starts, pour 150 ml of water in a circular movement and let the coffee bloom for 30 seconds to degas it.
5) Slowly pour the remaining water from the center (approximately 450 ml) and make circles, pouring until reaching 1 centimeter from the rim.
6) Wait until all the water seeps at minute 4 and then pull the filter out completely.
7) Swirl the Chemex a little and serve your cups with a delicious brewed coffee.