How to make coffee in chemex
Chemex: Offers you a clear, pure and flavourful cup!
The Chemex coffeemaker is an elegant, one-piece, hourglass shaped vessel made of high quality and heat resistant glass. It allows you to make coffee as strong as you like without bitterness or sediment.
- Freshly roasted coffee
- Chemex and filter papers
- Kettle, scale and timer
- Coffee cups
- Coffee: 45 g (4 cups) / Ratio 1:16
- Grind size: Medium coarse ground
- Water: 720 ml of water at 92ºC
- Brew time: 4:00 min
- Boil water and place the special filter in the chemex (with the multiple fold on the spout side) and preheat it with the hot water to eliminate the paper taste.
- Grind 45 g of your specialty coffee on a medium coarse filter setting.
- Don’t forget to throw away the preheated water. Place the Chemex on the scale and add the coffee to the filter, distributing it evenly.
- Once the timer starts, pour 200 ml of water in a circular movement and let the coffee bloom for 30 seconds to degas it.
- Slowly pour the remaining water from the center (approximately 520 ml) and make circles, pouring until reaching 1 centimeter from the rim.
- Wait until all the water seeps at minute 4 and then pull the filter out completely.
- Swirl the Chemex a little and serve your cups with a delicious brewed coffee.