Use code: KOLIBRIGIFT for 15% discount // FREE shipping in NL for orders above €30.

Aquiares - Espresso Roast
Costa Rica

Aquiares – Espresso Roast

from 10,00

Caramel • Chocolate • Almond aftertaste • Raisins aromas

Origin

Farm

Altitude

Producer

Variety

Process

Clear

Aquiares – Turrialba, Costa Rica


1200 masl

Aquiares, the most historic and extensive coffee farm in Costa Rica

The farm was founded in 1890, but its transformation came up a century later by Alfonso Robelo. He was the responsable of a socio-economic revolution, with the creation of a unique partnership: the Community (made up of 3,000 people, only 15% employed by the farm) and Cafetalera Aquiares (grower-miller-exporter), their company.  This worker community is located on the enchanting slopes of the Turrialba volcano, a lush area of forests, rivers, fauna, and bright flora as its Rainforest Alliance certification proves it.

Nowadays Alfonso’s son, Diego, manages the farm. Under his leadership, the farm has taken a fresh approach to specialty coffee. Through excellent agricultural management, embracing new varieties, and experimenting with processing, Aquiares has become a trailblazer among specialty coffee producers in Costa Rica and all of Central America.

Centroamericano washed specially prepared for Kolibri

Experience

Our second coffee from Costa Rica grown by our neighbours (@aquiarescoffee worker community) who produce excellent high-end coffee while sustainably focusing on protecting and conserving the biodiversity that surrounds them.

Expect a delicious full-bodied coffee perfect for an espresso brewing method with notes of caramel, chocolate, almonds and raisins.

Diego Robelo – Coffee Grower

Processing

  • The coffee cherries is moved into Aquiares’ own mill or Beneficio, the same day that they are picked.
  • The pulp and mucilage is removed, before they are segregated into two qualities using water: sinkers and floaters.
  • Beans are then dried in 36-hour driers – fueled by wood sustainably harvested — until the humidity is lowered to 10.5%.
  • The parchment is removed as a final step and the beans are sorted by size, weight, density and color, before they are bagged for export.

It dedicates 80% of its land to the cultivation of high quality coffee and the remaining 20% to conservation.

©2021 Kolibri Coffee. All Rights Reserved.

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. Privacy Policy.

x

LET'S BE FRIENDS

Sign up to our newsletter to know about new products, promotions, updates and enjoy a 10% discount on your order!

*Excludes subscriptions & gift card